How to use polygonum multiflorum (Ha thu o)
- see also:
- How to use polygonum multiflorum – Vicofood
- Hà thủ ô trắng chất lượng cao-Polygonum multiflorum Thunb from Vietnam
- 20 công dụng của Hà thủ ô – 20 Health Benefits of Polygonum Multiflorum
- Hà thủ ô điều trị bệnh rụng tóc
- polygonum multiflorum also called he shou wu ( or Ho shou wu, Ha Thu o), is one of the most important traditional chinese, Vietnamese ” longevity herbs”, classified under the system of major tonic herbs. polygonum multiflorum is a famous tonic adaptogen that modulates the hormones, tonifies kidney yin and liver weekness. Fo-ti is a top Jing herb ( one of the treasures) in Vicofood Vietnam,(1) ” root of our vitality” by providing deep nourishment, via jing essence, primarily to the kidney and liver systems.
- Although it is an overall energizer to the body, fo-ti is slightly sedative in nature and calming to the nerves with building effects as an energy yin tonic that accumulate with use. Regular comsumption of teas or (2) extracts is particularly strengthening to the lower back and knees as well as fortifying to the bones, muscle and ligaments.
- Fo-ti is one of the main ingredients in the patent longevity herbal formula, Ha Thu O, originally developed by the well-known herbalist. It contains other tonics such as rehmannia and dong quai, and is used as an anti – aging rejuvenation elixir throughout Vietnam, China. Fo-to root is know for its ablity to concentrate tremendous amounts of ”Chi” and nutritional components into its dense root system.(3) When the roots are comsumed, these life-giving nutrients are transferred, helping to both cleanse and nourish the bloodstream and related organs.
- One of greatest legacies told throughout Asia is the story of Li Ching -Yuen, as the legend depicts Li Ching -Yuen was said to have lived to the age of 252 consuming large doses of tonic brews and rice wine tintures consisting of ginseng, fo-ti root, reishi mushroom, goji berries and gotu kola.(4)
- He was actully published in the 1933 edition of the Guiness Book of World records as the World’s oldest living man (1678-1930)
Ha thu o benefits, supports kidney health
- Fo-ti root is specific for building strength in the kidneys and is an essential herb for those with” kidney yin deficiency” or any one suffering from extreme fatigue, weakness, cortisol deplention or adrenal exhaustion. As we mentioned, Ha Thu o’s benefits as a Yin tonic naturally strengthen the skeletal structure as well as one’s muscular physique.(5)In Vicofood ” Yin” is the material basic for ” yang” energy and therefore, when deficient, need to be replenished in order to build back strength and stamina.
- All yin energy in the body comes from the kidney yin and in the reason the kidneys are often reffered to as the ”root of our vitality”, with their position seated close to the bottom of all major organs. They are a store house for vital life energies, call essense in medicine and are of incharge of reproduction, water metabolism, filtering of the blood and waste removal.(6) Fo-ti extracts and teas used the period of time naturally help to restore energy and nurture kidney functions